We are very thrilled to announce something that should had been done long ago. Unfortunately we didn't have the resources to make it happen, but now that it's about to change. We are going to keep this news as short and as easy to comprehend as possible, same as the new system will be!
Chapter I: THE PAST
Xtreme-Jumps.eu has always represented a benchmark in the KZ industry, being very rigorous about their map acceptance policy. This decision always stirred up some chatter about us being too strict concerning our mappool. This, together with the actual checking procedure, which was very long and time consuming, made our fellow mappers retire or move to other places. However, times where different and we only wanted to bring out the best in you guys. But we got to a point where we no longer afford to keep the same policy and things must change. And so they will!
Chapter II: THE FUTURE
Like we previously stated, we will be very brief so everyone can easily understand. From now on, the Mapchecking System will be totally changed. We will change it from its roots. With this change, we aim at a very easy and userfriendly system, that can be accessible to everyone, literally everyone! We aim at low (accessible) standards, fast responses (you will no longer wait weeks for an answer to see what happened with your map) and very fast releases.
Chapter III: THE NEW SYSTEM
1) 1 Map Admin ( SadPuppy ) (backed by Ovidiu Dumitru);
2) How it actually works:
Step 1: Map submitted;
Step 2: Immediate map check (few days when possible);
Step 3: If there aren't any critical bugs (bugs which prevent the player from finishing the map) ACCEPT as:
1. custom tag (kzro_mapname; qsk_mapname)
2. kz tag (kz_mapname; kz_kzro/sqk_mapname)
Step 4: No Resubmit (resubmission will be accepted only when the map has critical bugs) (bugs like texture stretch, lightbugs and any other visual bugs that DON'T interfere in the gameplay will NOT count);
Step 5: Immediate release (even if it's one map and no other maps are being submitted, it will be solely released).
1)The mapper needs to submit his map with the desired tag (custom or kz). We will judge the map based on the desired tag. There will be no specific rules as to what a map should look like to get a specific tag. JUDGING THAT WILL BE AT THE MAP ADMIN'S DISCRETION!
2) Even if it will be a very permissive system with low standards, we urge every mapper to deeply check his map (by inviting players to test it as well) and to give his best to build something amazing;
3) It will be the mapper's responsibility to test his map and find bugs and shortcuts. There will not be a mapchecking team to comb through maps for hours finding bugs. It's the mapper's responsibility to do that;
4) DON'T UPLOAD OTHER PEOPLE'S MAPS! We don't accept old (existing) maps. The mapper needs to upload his own maps. However, if an old map is being updated or fixed, it can be submitted (by its mapper).
If you have any questions, feel free to use the comment section below. We will gladly answer them all!
See you guys soon with more interesting news!
You must be logged in to make comments on this site - please log in, or if you are not registered click here to signup